When We Are Closed
If you require urgent medical attention or advice outside of surgery hours dial 111, 24/7 for:
- Advice over the phone
- A visit to the local treatment centre at St Leonard's, Shaftesbury or Blandford Hospitals
- A home visit by a nurse, doctor, Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP) or paramedic.
More about NHS 111
If having been in contact with the out-of-hours team they advise that you need to be seen by your own GP please take the initiative and call the surgery on the next working day. Don't wait for us to call you as there is sometimes a delay in messages from the out-of-hours team reaching us.
Other Local Services
Salisbury Walk - In Centre
Avon Approach, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3SL
You can simply turn up and be seen. No appointment is necessary in the times advertised.
Monday to Friday 18:30-22:00hrs
Saturdays Sundays & Bank Holidays
Shaftesbury Minor Injuries Unit
Abbey Walk, Shaftesbury, Dorset SP7 8BD
10:00 and 16:00 - we advise ringing before attending
Advantages of using these centres rather than going to A&E:
- Generally much shorter waiting times
- Takes pressure of Salisbury Hospital to allow them to concentrate on life threatening accidents
- Keeps cost to tax payer down
- For non-urgent health information or advice, please phone NHS 111 on 111.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.