Appointments can be made with any of the Practice Nurses without a referral from a Doctor. Duties undertaken by the Nurses within the surgeries include:
- Immunisations, blood tests, ECGs and 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
- Advice on health promotion and disease prevention
- Removal of stitches
- Ear syringing
- Well person checks
- Flu clinics
- Cervical smears
- Advice on travel (including immunisations)
- Advice about conditions e.g. asthma and diabetes
- Advice about diet, weight loss and obesity
In the home our nurses arrange nursing care for all ages and have specialist qualifications and experience in continence care, terminal care, care of the elderly, health education and living with disabilities. They can also refer patients to other appropriate care agencies.
The Nursing Team is supported by a team of Locality Carers. The Locality Carers supplement the quality and flexibility of home care available.