Clinics and Services
We offer services to promote good health and prevent ill health.
- Immunisations appropriate for your age and health including Influenza immunisation in October for those aged over 65 years, or those at risk from chest infections e.g. people with diabetes, heart disease, severe asthma or chronic lung disease.
- An NHS health check for those aged 40 – 74 or a well man/woman check for those outside of that age range.
- Cervical Cytology Test (smear) every 3 years for women aged between 25 and 50 and every 5 years from 50 to 65.
We would like to see you before you become pregnant if possible and early in pregnancy. Once you are pregnant, your care will be managed by the Community Midwife. You will offered any immunisations recommended before and during your pregnancy.
If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an annual review of your asthma symptoms please use this form. If your symptoms are deteriorating or you are having any concerns please make an appointment with our Nurse.
Baby Clinics take place at Sixpenny Handley:
- 14:00 – 15:00 on the 2nd Thursday afternoon of each month
We offer travel advice and immunisation service. If you are travelling abroad please complete and submit our travel form in plenty of time (we recommend 8 weeks) before your journey.
A charge is payable for some vaccinations and medications which are not covered by the NHS.
Please note we are not an accredited Yellow Fever Centre and are unable to offer this service.
Other Patient Services include
- Advice on health promotion and disease prevention
- Cervical Smears
- Child Health Surveillance
- Childhood Immunisations
- Child Development Assessment
- Contraception and sexual health
- Development Checks
- Diabetic Checks
- Ear Wax Advice
- Family Planning
- Pain Control
- Removal of Stitches
- Influenza Vaccinations
Some of the above services may be provided by health care professionals at a different site.