From Monday, 22nd June 2020, It will be mandatory to wear a face covering when entering the surgery.
For information on how to make a mask please click on this link:
COVID-19 and procedures at the practice
Anyone with respiratory symptoms should visit NHS 111 Online or call NHS 111. Do not come to the surgery. Due to the fast-changing situation with Coronavirus, the following services have been changed:
1. We now operate a total triage system. This is a service where a senior clinician speaks to every patient requesting an appointment to decide on appropriate management.
2. Nurse and health care assistant appointments will only take place if the senior clinician designates it as essential. No nurse or health care assistant appointments will be made unless deemed essential by us.
3. To help us facilitate this, please ensure your contact details are up-to-date and that you have consented to receive SMS texts. You can do this via our website.
4. Face to face appointments will only be possible after a consultation with one of our senior clinical management team. You will only be asked to come into the surgery if there is no alternative. We must reduce the risk of infection to you, our other patients and our staff as much as possible.
5. Only essential blood tests will be carried out. This means blood tests for INR and methotrexate checks. All other routine bloods for screening have been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
6. If you have symptoms of ‘flu-like illness, a high temperature or a new cough which is continuing, DO NOT VISIT THE SURGERY – this includes collecting prescriptions or medication. There are lots of volunteers in your local area to help with collections. Please ask your local neighbourhood coordinator for support.
7. If you have to attend the surgery, please wash your hands in the patient toilet when you arrive. Use hot water and soap and ensure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
The Broad Chalke Surgery will remain closed for the foreseeable future. We must consolidate our services and available staff.
The Dispensary will only operate in Sixpenny Handley. Please order repeat medication online or put your repeat prescription request in an envelope and post through the door. Please allow FOUR working days for your repeat prescription request.
Walk-In Patients. Until further notice, all “walk-in patients” are asked to return home and phone the surgery with their query.
Please ensure you check our website.
All Prescriptions – COVID-19 Update
Due to the current Covid-19 crisis please give 4 days for prescription collections.
Prescription requests can be made online as usual if you have online access. Otherwise please post your request slip in the prescription request box in Sixpenny Handley or post requests through the letterbox in Broad Chalke. (In BC please put your prescription in the envelope provided at the entrance before posting)
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and are grateful for your patience in this difficult time.
Broad Chalke Surgery Closed
Due to operational issues related to the Coronavirus the Broad Chalke Surgery will be closed until the crisis is over.
All services will be delivered from The Sixpenny Handley Surgery which will now also be open on Tuesday afternoons until 18:30 until Broad Chalke reopens.
All contact with the surgery should be NON FACE TO FACE until an assessment has been made. This is in line with the latest NHS guidance.
If a face to face assessment is necessary in person or using video link you will be advised where and when this can take place.